To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Wanna Win...

so that I have something to do on our cold snowy days :-) Seriously, (although it is quite difficult to be serious when we might get snow in FL...at least for me. I think I'm as giddy as the children.) Where was I? Oh, yes...seriously, I would love to win this book. It's being given away over at the Fortnightly Purse and the pictures are just lovely. Actually, everything about this particular blog is lovely...including the sister site Amoretti Designs. For those of you with daughters, granddaughters, and nieces or friends with daughters, granddaughters and nieces, you really should go take a look at this adorable dresses.

Sweet stuff I tell ya...sweet.

0 comments: