To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Complaining...

gets you nowhere. The other night I was telling (read whining) Rob about Claire getting up each morning about 4 to go potty and get a sip of water. When it's a three year old, you pretty much take them to the bathroom at that hour if they say they need to go and with it being cold the heater is on so I imagine she feels a little dried out...so I really don't mind taking her. I was complaining at the hour this happens. By the time I get her settled and then get back in bed I'm hardly asleep again before the alarm goes off at 5:30. Last night, I was somewhat pleased to see that she was up just before three...because that's a good solid two and a half hours before I have to get up again.

Right?
No.
I.
Could not.
Go back.
To sleep.
I hate that. Laying there wishing I was going to sleep and not going to sleep.
So I tossed.
And I did our taxes. Which is hilarious because thankfully, Rob handles all of that. I wouldn't have a clue where to even start but if we get a refund? I know exactly what I want to do with it.
I turned.
I configured all kinds of ways to declutter and organize my garage. I picked a spot where we could put the freezer that is going to hold all the beef from the cow we bought. It'll be ready some time in March. And hey! Won't my grocery bill go down because I won't have to buy meat for a long while? And with couponing I'll be saving so much money! And I wonder what's going to be on sale this week? Oh, and yes, I need to be on the look out for peanut butter deals because man, we go through that stuff and I wonder when Rice Chex will go on sale again and...
I got up to blow my nose.
Then I painted the bathroom that lovely green and put out all my beloved black and white polka dot stuff out again.
And what about that beautiful fabric I saw at Hobby Lobby yesterday? It will match the wall color of our bedroom just perfectly. Three window treatments later, I'm pretty sure I want a roman shade type thing. And I wonder if anybody knows how to make those? Will they help me do it? And wouldn't it be nice to make some throw pillows for the bed? I'd really love a bed skirt to tie all of it together. I wonder if you could use a fitted sheet for the base because don't I hate a bed skirt that slips all over the place?
I took my socks off because my feet were getting hot.
What in the world is the heater set at because it's pretty warm in here. Wasn't it just on? Oh, don't forget to pay such and such a bill tomorrow.
I got up to go to the bathroom.
I sewed up a cute little valance for Abby & Claire's room. I love the pink and green colors. I wonder if I could make some small silhouettes in white to put over there dresser?
I can't wait to work on this other project that I bought paper for yesterday.
Hhmmm, the theme for a photo project I'm working on with a partner is due on Thursday. Dark. That's the theme. How do you express dark? Do I just go with an underexposed dimly lit subject? Or an interpretation?
I flipped my pillow over to find the cold side.
I wrote this blog post.
I planned my low calorie, low carb, low fat menu for today.
I picked out my layers to wear tonight when I go walking with friends after the little ones are in bed.
I...I...finally drifted off to sleep.
Needless to say I am a wee bit tired this morning but I think I'll make it.

0 comments: