To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What I Learned Last Night

Sick people are not amused when the house alarm is set off by the smoke alarm being set off because someone else was frying bacon.

Just thought you should know.

6 comments:

s g said...

lol...

the smell of bacon + being nauseas + ear-splitting alarm = more bacon for the genius who engineered this Pavlovian experiment.

I might try this around my house the next time the others are ill. There's only three people living here, but when I cook bacon more seem to come out of the woodwork. I can never cook enough. Maybe a little negative training will mean more for me. :)

Jessica said...

That's crazy! What is it with sickness and smoke alarms? I did something similiar last week. Oh, and a few nights ago...again. Crazy.

=)
How was the bacon?

Marty said...

Can bacon ever not be good? Can one actually have enough bacon? Oh, yummy goodness in a crispy strip :-)
Hey does this mean you have internet now, Jess?

Ed said...

No danger of this happening in our house - my wife won't let me have bacon... :-(

Marty said...

That is one of the saddest things I've ever heard...

Jessica said...

I do have the internet now! =)