To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, January 22, 2010

This morning when the girls and I left for school a thick heavy fog covered everything. It was the kind of fog where you feel as if you are at the edge of the world...nothing more than what you can see and visibility is low. Then, just like that, the sun broke through. Streams of light cascading down, filtering through trees and dancing along the road.
I'm home now, with my windows open, marveling at the blueness of the sky today. A crisp breeze is flowing through the house, blowing away the staleness of sickness and rainy winter weather.
Within my own life I see the way His glory blows away the fog of sin and the light of His grace cascades down, filtering through the dark places of my heart and dances along my soul.

0 comments: