To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, January 18, 2010

Surprise, Surprise!

Earlier today I went to pick up some Gatorade, ginger ale, and crackers from the store. Yep, I'm nursing sick people again but that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is to share what a lovely surprise I got when tidying up my purse. I found three Walmart gift cards floating around in my wallet. Now, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm trying to be more frugal in my spending so I thought I'd have the cards scanned to see what amount, if any, was left on them. I was expecting a few bucks and some change at the most. That was why I was so surprised, and quite pleased, when the cashier handed me back the first card...

$14.91
Okay, that's cool. Next card?
$19.17
Whoa! I'm completely shocked. Card number three...
$27.45
By, now I am doing a happy dance and the cashier is thinking I'm crazy.
But hey! That's $61.53 that I didn't know I had.
How cool is that?

1 comments:

Lauren said...

that is awesome!!!