To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, January 4, 2010

I've written and discarded about a gazillion blogpost in my head. Mainly because each one was attached to previous lines of thinking that would require too much back story to make much sense to anyone outside of my head.
So, here I am with a quick update.
We enjoyed our trip to North Carolina and at some point I will try to post pictures.
After a small absence due to much traveling and the holidays we have once again settled back into our Sabbath meals. Saturday's was a much needed oasis of calm after all the Christmas hoopla.
The girls went back to school this morning.
And, I have started a new blog. It's specifically for a photography project where I will post one photo each week for the year...hence the name 52 Weeks. Clever, huh?
Enjoy and happy new year!

0 comments: