To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am slightly annoyed. Actually, to turn a phrase from our trip to NC,

Basically, I am completely annoyed.
I am on hold with my bank. Because they have yet to post a deposit that we made last Friday.
Now we only use our bank account to pay bills. I put in the exact amount to cover what needs to be paid. (We're following the Dave Ramsey program which says use cash as much as possible.) And guess what happens when you schedule bill payments to come out automatically?
Yea, Momma ain't happy.
So, I do what any normal person would do...I call my bank.
And I am told..."Sorry, I can't help you. The branch offices are not allowed to give out personal banking information over the phone."
Really? I mean I've been banking with you for over five years and I've always been able to call and get help when I need it.
"Well, I'm sorry. I've worked here for years and that has always been the policy. You know, because unsecured phone lines and security theft and such."
What?
This is crazy. She transfers me to customer service where I speak to a really sweet helpful young woman who apologizes for the other weird nonsense and goes on to tell me that our deposit must be lost because she cannot find a record of it.
Oy.
I call my beloved who is heads out to right this terrible injustice.
I go to clean up my kitchen and...no water.
And yes, I've paid my bill.
Call the water company and guess what?
It's a main break.
Okay. I figured with all the road work on Avalon that something had gotten broken. How long do you think it'll be before we have water again?
I dunno know. But it's a main break so it'll be a while.
Oy. What a morning.
But hey, at least I have a reason for not doing laundry!
I had to laugh about all of this because Rob will begin to preach through the book of James on Sunday.
:-)

0 comments: