To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I love rainy days. Just kind of hunker down and settle in...peaceful.

A beautiful start to the day...not underestimating the power of Truth, beauty and goodness.


The sound of Sam giggling as he and Rob race to his bedroom every night.

A clean and orderly home...but especially the kitchen.

Tulips

Music by Bob Marley...specifically this album...and the songs No Woman No Cry and Three Little Birds.

Freshly washed sheets.

Really long and really hot showers.

Our Sabbath meal tradition. I look forward to that all day Saturday. But I guess I really have to say the Sabbath day in it's entirety. My heart is drawn to my church and God's people even more so than before.

Winter. After fall it's my favorite season. Surprising because the beach is my favorite place but there you have it.
I <3 Winter

My marriage. Seriously, I don't know what else to say except that I am a blessed woman...a well loved wife.

Pandora. I mean how cool that I can set up different stations and listen to whatever I like depending on my mood? Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, JJ Heller, Jars of Clay, even a little country...but only secretly when my beloved isn't around. I know, that sounds incredibly spoiled. But I do like it more than the radio. (I also love the fact that Claire refers to Dora the Explorer as Pandora :-)

My rotten kids. They make me laugh, they humble my heart, drive me crazy and add something beyond words to my life.

Gift cards. I have several right now...Hobby Lobby, Olive Garden...what a fun day.

Creativity. Mine, someone else's, it doesn't matter. I'm amazed at the stuff people come up with in a variety of mediums.

Produce that lends itself to a photo op. Yea, I really pick out stuff based on it's photographic appeal sometimes.

So, what about you? What are some things you love?

0 comments: