To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bits and Pieces

This will probably be just a bunch of rambling randomness. There is so much floating around in my head but it's all kind of hazy...kind of a free thinking blob of this and that. So, you can just come along and go with the flow or skip it and hit the highlighted links...whatever works for you.

A few house keeping tidbits:
Since we made the switch to gmail I am unable to send out mass notices of blogpost. They just bounce back. I was content to just leave it be but several people mentioned "Hey, we miss the blog! What's going on?" So, if you check out the sidebar to the right you'll notice a new linky thingy for keeping up with us...if I understand this correctly you should be able to click on that link, do what it says and become a follower of the blog. The term follower seems kind of creepy and egocentric but there you go. I didn't name it...blogger did. Of course you can always just bookmark our site and just come visit every few days. Again, whatever works for you.
I've added my photo for week two of this year's photography project. More on that later.
I've also trying to add a new blogging friend. (Blogger seems to be having issues but I'm working on it.) And actually, she isn't a new friend. Her husband teaches at the girls' school and the more we get to know their family the more we love them. She is an amazing artist so go on and check out her blog...you'll enjoy it I promise.
End of housekeeping.
Onward with the rambling.
The last six to eight weeks have had such hard moments...situations that are difficult and painful...people who have walked away to take a different path...things spoken...things left unsaid...nothing in my life has been left untouched...unshaken. There have been moments when I thought I just couldn't bear anymore. The burden was too great. But just when I've reached that point, time and again He has proven to be faithful...to send messages of hope and encouragement.
The first sermon of the new year soothed and eased my heart.
This blogpost.
Good conversations and faithful friends...acts of kindness and generosity.
My world has been shaken on every level. And what remains is Him...unshaken and true. Yesterday, I took the photograph for my 52 weeks...the reminder there strong and sure.
I'm not sure what will happen with most of these situations...if there will be resolution. Or that which is desired most...restoration. But for now, for the first time in a long time, I am at peace. He is good and He does good.

0 comments: