To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, December 19, 2009

O Do You Know the Money Man?

A conversation between Sam, Emily and Dad:


Sam: Dad, I want to be the dollar man.
Dad: What?
Sam: I want to be the money man.
Dad: What does that mean?
Sam: It means I want to have a lot of money.
Emily: Do you want to be a millionaire, Sam?
Sam: I don't know. What's a millionaire?
Emily: It's a person who has more than a million dollars.
Sam: Dad, I want to be a millionaire.
Dad: Why do you want to be a millionaire, Sam?
Sam: Because then I would have a lot of money.
Dad: Why do you want to have a lot of money?
Sam: So I could give it.
Dad (beaming with pride in his son's altruism): Who do you want to give it to?
Sam: Stores.

0 comments: