To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, December 25, 2009

My Husband...

is awesome! I mean seriously, you-are-my-hero type awesomeness.
He fixed my camera.
Yes, you read that correctly...the in factory only repair was done in my bathroom tonight. After looking inside the card reader pocket he thought maybe the part wasn't missing but just bent, so wearing two pairs of glasses...looking very cute I might add...he got everything working again.
He is amazing.

And so is my very sweet friend, Ellie. You see, she was horrified on my behalf when she heard what had happened to my camera. (Just as a side note...it is always gratifying when someone responds to your predicament with the proper amount of horror and understanding...) She also loaned me her camera to use for the holiday.
Which means that even though Rob didn't get my camera working until tonight, I still have wonderful photos from Christmas morning with the kids. Yep, she's pretty awesome too and in case you didn't notice that her name is highlighted (it'll take you to her Flickr site) click here to see one of my all time favorite moon shots...she is a pretty awesome photographer.

I'm using the word awesome a lot. But it has truly been an awesome day...one of the most peaceful unstressfull holidays ever.

And my husband fixed my camera!

He is so awesome!

3 comments:

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

I only found out yesterday that your camera was broken. Being a fellow photog, I felt weak in the knees for you. I am much releived to hear that all is well and lifes special (and not so special moments) will continue to be captured forever.

Ed said...

Yes, he is awesome. We all want to be Rob when we grow up! Call me the next time you're camera-less. My Rob got a Nikon d5000 for Christmas and has been experimenting with it. I hope he'll love it and take to it. He seems to work on that side of the brain. I've tried to instruct him without overwhelming him. My favorite quote, which you apparently work by, is by Mies van der Rohe - "God is in the details".