To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, November 16, 2009

Lately it seems like I'm slugging through mud and muck...so much in fact, that I cannot tell if it's from the outside or inside. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's both.
Yesterday, Pastor Jonny preached about living a life of impact. That makes it sound like such a simple message but...well, honestly it wasn't...it isn't. Being a pastor's wife...and a pastor's kid...I didn't want to tell him it was a good sermon. Instead, I told him he had given me much to think about.
The main point was that the only life that makes an impact is the one that is lived constantly pointing to the Gospel...constantly living out the Gospel. Something I haven't been doing...not really. Too mired down in that mud and muck mentioned earlier.
I cannot really explain much right now...I don't have the words. But I have His grace. So for now...slowly but surely...I am moving...out of the dirt of my thoughts and emotions...turning my face toward the light of His mercy.
This is life. And I am blessed.

0 comments: