To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

8 Things I'll Never Understand

Did Vanilla Ice really think no one would notice the resemblance to Queen's Under Pressure?

Really?


Why I hold my breathe every time I open the recycle bins. Seriously, I know it doesn't smell...that it isn't a dumpster...but it looks like one...so I always catch myself having to unplug my nose.


Why half an ounce of bread equals 3 pounds of fat once it hits my hips.


How half a cup of juice morphs into the equivalent amount of liquid found in the Great Lakes.


I could sleep for another two hours after the alarm goes off but on the mornings I don't need to be up...I can't sleep past six o'clock.


The purpose of sugar free ice cream.


The purpose of sugar free anything.

Reality shows. They're just so far away from~~~~reality.

0 comments: