To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday Silliness

Did you know that there is a down side to actually having all of your laundry washed, dried, folded and put away?

It is true.
Hard to imagine I know...that Proverbs 31-ing your laundry would have a downside, but last night I road the swift descent to a we'll-laugh-at-this-one-day moment.
My beloved: "Honey, is there time for you to wash these jeans (the ones he was currently wearing) before we go out tonight?"
Please note that at this particular moment I had little pink and purple hearts swirling around my head and happy thoughts in my heart because of the lovely plans for a double date with wonderful friends. Add to that the natural high that comes from battling and conquering the demon laundry earlier in the day. Not only was I triumphant, I was undefeatable.
Me: "Of course, love." Taking a moment to brag and dazzle him with my desire for thriftiness I continued, "I did all of the laundry today, but I'm sure I can find something to wash them with."
Off he went to the shower, confident that his woman had his home and his most comfortable, favorite pair of jeans well in hand.

It turns out there was only one thing that had not been washed that day. And it would be perfect...combined with the most comfortable, favorite pair of jeans it would make the exact size for an extra small wash.
"But, what about..."?
Nah, that shouldn't be a problem, I shushed myself. I've had this awhile so I know it's been washed before. Besides, I'll wash in cold water and everything will be fine.
So in went the tablecloth.

The

red

tablecloth.

With

the

most

comfortable,

favorite

pair of jeans.

The most comfortable, favorite pair of jeans that came out of the dryer with a slight purple tinge. The slight purple tinge that even the two year old commented on.
(Needless to say, I began to giggle at flashbacks of those horrible, God forsaken tinted stone washed jeans of the eighties. One very stern look from my beloved squelched those though.)

To pay homage to the goodness and graciousness of my man, he accepted my sincere apology and made sure I knew he wasn't angry.
And we went on to have a great time with our friends and the most comfortable, favorite pair of jeans are currently in the washer (sans the tablecloth) having been doused in Spray-n-Wash with hopes of redemption.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

3 comments:

Our Family ~ Not of This World said...

You will have to let me know if you got them blue again!

Jessica said...

I have done that a bunch, girl! =) I ended up re-washing the jeans and putting just a smidge of bleach in the water and the jeans were back to normal.

Marty said...

Well, I'll have to give it a shot because the Spray-n-Wash was a no go...