To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, August 31, 2009

I wear skirts a lot. I find them to be comfortable and feminine...and my husband likes them. I do have two pairs of somewhat baggy capris that I wear once or twice a week.
Well, yesterday with all the rain I put on jeans so I could wear sneakers to keep my feet dry when Rob and I were going to run a few errands.
I walked into the kitchen to speak to the kids for a minute and then headed back to my room to see if Rob was ready. Sweet, precious Claire is walking behind me, giggling so happily...

"Momma, I see your big hiney."



Needless to say I changed into a skirt and sandals.

5 comments:

Donna M said...

oh dear...

Mel said...

Oh the things that come out of a little one's mouth...

Ya gotta love 'em.

mathew said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA! I love the truth kids speak.

Kyle and Becky Gallagher said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE this! It makes me so excited to see Lily grow up! Too funny!

Amanda M said...

miss your blogging! :)