To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, July 27, 2009

Part Two

Remember a couple of posts back when the phone died? Part of the reason this was such an issue was because I had gone to do some errands that ended up taking waaaaay longer than any of us thought. I'm reminding you of this so you will understand what I'm about to share.
I was cleaning off some shelves in the computer area when I found the list. Written in purple magic marker it reads as follows:
Plan A
If Mom's not home go to Ms. April's house. (Another neighbor that let them use the phone that day.)
Plan B
Die!
Plan C
Scream
Plan D
Cry
Plan E
Go to Ms. April's again

Apparently they decided to play for a bit but at five o'clock the plans were back in motion.

Plan F
scream heads off if mom not home
Plan G
go to nearest cliff and jump off
Plan H
eat all food in the house
Plan I
jump out the nearest window
Oops...no plan J...or K
Plan L
(Surely Rob's favorite)
Throw tv out the window
Plan M
smash computer
Plan N
pull teeth out
Plan O
rip curtains to shreds
Plan P
smash piano
Plan Q
destroy house

At this point the list becomes a little more legible and also more sophisticated...Sarah must have taken over.

Plan R
walk to the church
Plan S
rob Walmart of it's smiley stickers
Plan T
eat watermelon whole (un-cut)
Plan U
set everyone free from jail
Plan V
stick our heads under water and freeze them
Plan W
memorize the whole Bible
Plan X
eat tissues (I'm assuming because several plans previously they polished off all the food in the house...and in case that doesn't fill them up...)
Plan Y
turn Ms. April's pet pig into bacon
Plan Z
GO TO SLEEP

Sheesh! It's a good thing I got home when I did...I'm wondering if we should get them counseling or something?
At least they had a plan.

1 comments:

s g said...

oi! I'm tearing up here, I've laughed so hard. What an awesome list.