To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, June 29, 2009

Home Again

It. Was. Amazing.
My head and heart were so full of what I wanted to share with you all from our trip to the ACCS conference in Atlanta that I've written a gazillion blog post. All in my head of course. And now that I am here in front of the computer my mind is too scattered. (It might have just a wee bit to do with grocery shopping and going to the bank and paying bills this morning.)

There are some details I can speak freely of...the trip to the ball park was fantastic even though the Braves lost.


There truly is something magical about being there in person among thousands of people...the sights, smells, the noise and tastes. The ball park frank and cotton candy were delicious.
I was also able to participate in what is a tradition of sorts whenever the conference is held in Atlanta. On Friday night all the women interested gather together and head out for the Talbot's Outlet Store shopping excursion extraordinaire. My beloved not only sent me along with the ladies but gave me some extra money to spend on myself. And let me tell you of the deals I found! All together I got a new pair of carpi's with a cute little shirt for a sweet price but I made two purchases that I must brag about. One was a silk skirt all long and flowy just the way Rob likes that normally would cost a whopping $138...(obviously not something normally found in my wardrobe.) I paid less than $20. But the big, big deal of the day was the $7 dollars I paid for a jacket that retailed at $158! All totaled I spent less than sixty bucks and had a lot of fun.

The ride back was spent enjoying the uninterrupted time of friendship and conversation of two of our dearest friends.
There is so much else that I can't wait to tell you about. The word of God was abundant through out and so much wisdom was to be gleaned in each session. I'll share more of that in the days ahead.
It was a delight to return home to five sweet little faces eagerly rushing for a hug and kiss from Daddy and Mom. Rob's Mother (Grandma) and my Mother (Nana) did a super job holding the fort down while we were gone. Although, Grandma has some explaining to do about Sarah driving her car in the back yard. And there is a strange bruise on Abby's arm that came from the duct tape her siblings used to tie her to a tree that I need to talk to Nana about.
All in all it was good to go and even better to come back.

0 comments: