To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Sam!!


So he was on his way out the door to play when he stops and says,

"Mom, playing the kazoo doesn't make me special...it just makes me really noisy."

I had to laugh as off he went, loudly playing tunes on his kazoo.

He's just so full of life! He loved our family memorizing a Scripture passage together. He tells really corny, funny jokes and always says, "Ya get it?" When he makes you a friend you know it. Going to a store, any store, where they wear name tags is always a treat. He thinks if they have a name tag on they must want you to know who they are and they must want to know who you are. "Hello so-and-so, I'm Sam and this is my sister Claire and my Mom, Marty!" And he says it as if he is just delighted for us to all meet and get to know one another.

Sam is special and it's not because he plays the kazoo. He is full of love and joy and freely shares it with the rest of us. We are blessed.

Happy birthday Sammy...we love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!! I hope you have a wonderful day... I love you very much... You are a delight to everyone...
Love always,
Aunt Vicki

Justin said...

Happy Birthday boy....I miss and love you.. I hope you enjoyed your birthday!

Anonymous said...

Playing the kazoo might not make Sam special, but just being Sam makes Sam special! Eight years old, wow! Happy Birthday Sam!

Marit, Micah, Justin, and Caleb

Anonymous said...

Wow Sam!! Eight years old?

Happy bithday big guy! You are a very special boy in deed! And such
a blessing in everyones life.
Remember, you are fearfully and wonderfully made. So continue to
praise God who made you.

Love you,
Mr.Lee, Miss Wanda, and Joshua

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMIE !!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you are 8 years old already. I love you bunches.

All my love Aunt Julie

Kevin Heifner said...

Happy Birthday Sam.

From the Hei-fuh-ners.

s g said...

Happy Birthday Sammy Jammy.