To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Faces, Faces, Faces


I can't remember how I came across this group but you can enjoy some amazing portraits by browsing their contest each week. This week they are doing a b&w theme...I don't do as much b&w as I used to but this one is a favorite of Sarah so I'm putting in...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob ain't never gona be able to keep a lid on that no matter how hard he tries!

Paw-paw

Abby said...

It's times like these that I'm thankful I don't have girls! She's so beautiful what an awesome picture. 100% natural beauty, it's hard to find these days but Sarah definately has it!

Anonymous said...

I love taking photos of faces.
Closeup photos. The one that you took of Shannon and myself at her reception in B&W was my favorite of all the pictures she and I ever took. Thankyou Marty for that earthly treasure. Sarah is a beautiful young lady and so beautiful inside too.
~Wanda