To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, February 2, 2009

Fire Ball

The title actually says it all...we have some dear, dear friends that we have been able to spend a lot of time with lately...sweet, godly, fun friends...who have a tradition of tossing around a flaming ball...Sam did not try for the ball...his job was stomping out the burning grass...don't worry...everyone is properly supervised :-)
I am sure there are some really bad jokes about preachers and hell fire & brimstone...
Sarah actually looks like she's flame bowling...
Emily taking her turn to scoop it up...


Our friend and host Kevin showing the boys how it's done :-)

5 comments:

Misty said...

I really don't understand why parents let their children participate in such dangerous activities! Oh, that was at my house wasn't it? It really does make me nervous! I stay in the house every time!

Marty said...

Not just your house...your husband...your sons...your daughter... :-)

s g said...

i'M SORRY...There's just no way.

boggles the mind that y'all all aren't walking around with bandaged hands.

WunderMom said...

Man, that is so much fun! Cool pics. I only had the guts the second time we did it to try and catch it...I'm always chicken. I'm usually one of the fire-putter-outers.

marty said...

Well, you do notice that I stayed safely behind my camera right?
No way am I touching it!