To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our Day at the Beach


Sam, Claire and I went to the beach on Tuesday...a beautiful, gorgeous day... the sounds of the waves slapping against the shore...the tangy, salty breeze... the warmth of the sun glittering on the gulf...it was a perfect time. (Mom, we'll go one Friday when it's warm again and the days are longer :-)










Sam had a blast feeding the seagulls...they became his friends...

Claire on the other hand...she did not view them as friends :-)

7 comments:

Lori Warman said...

I am so envious. I love hot weather and we are doing the opposite of what you did. Look at the water in that picture. Perfect example of the gulf coast. Love that. I really miss PensaCola.

Rose said...

These a great pictures Marty! I love going to the beach, and love the pictures you take there! : )

WunderMom said...

Ha ha ha! That last picture of Claire had me cracking up!!

Oh, that first picture makes me want to go right now...if only it weren't so chilly. Gorgeous.

WunderMom said...

PS: I just made the first pic my PC background. Ahhhh....

Anonymous said...

AWWWW,
In the last picture I just want to pick her up and love her.
I just adore God's creation at the beach. Great pictures Marty.
WK

iamnot said...

i'm so in love with that first picture of sam. he's such a cutie!!

and i'm with becky on the photo of claire :)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Beautiful photos! We just returned from a weekend at Perdido Beach.
Everyone needs a little sand in their shoes.