To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello Mr. President

He's not a monster...he's not the anti-christ...he's not the savior of the free world.
He's a man. He'll do some things I like...and he'll do some things I don't like. I may agree...I may disagree...but he is the 44th president of our nation.
I will be respectful of him because of the office he holds. More importantly, I will be respectful because he bears the image of God. As much as possible I will follow the words of I Peter chapter one.
I will pray for President Obama...not just because of the enormous amount of pressure on a man in his position...but because he is what I once was according to Romans two.
I will not fear what comes from his presidency because I know who has established him...I know who holds all things in his hands...
I will be guided by the words in Jeremiah 29 and seek the good of my country and pray to God on its behalf...

0 comments: