To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Words for Wednesday


O Lord, as I cross the threshold of this day
I commit myself, soul, body, affairs, and friends to Thy care.
Watch over, keep, guide, sanctify and bless me.
Let those around see me
living by Thy Spirit,
transformed by a renewed mind,
clad in the whole armor of God,
showing holiness in all my doings.
May I speak each word s if my last word,
and walk each step as my final one.
If my life should end today, let this be my best day.
In the name of our Lord Jesus I pray--
Amen
A Puritan Prayer

3 comments:

Mike and Molly Spivey said...

We have no idea who "Anonymous" is!!! We thought we had an idea, but aren't sure if it is her or not. I am very upset about it! She/he posted on another post as well. Very frustrating!

Rose said...

Beautiful prayer!

Anonymous said...

Truly a beautiful prayer from the Puritans!
WK