To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hmmm...Who Knew?

Taking one or two (or 30) photos a day has never been an issue for me before...until I joined that Flickr group that is. Now I may take them...but not upload them. Or I may think of it in my head...but not actually shoot it. I think it is a pretty safe assumption that I will not ever join the group where you take a self portrait everyday for a year. A year people! Not gonna happen. This is me playing catch up for the group that only last 25 days...
The warm, yummy way we started Thursday, December 11th



The 12th was spent shopping for Saturday so the pictures made it no further than my brain but on the 13th I took several. This one...Birds on a Wire (such a catchy, imaginative title)...is one of my favorites for some reason.




I love handmade things and this little lovely came in the mail for us from a sweet friend that I haven't talked to lately...so of course it had to be my photo offering for today :-)

Well, now I'm all caught up...we'll just have to see how long that lasts, won't we?

0 comments: