To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Freebies & Feeding the Hungry

I like free stuff...well, I like nice free stuff. I usually don't win these kinds of "blog for a chance to win" deals but you never know...so here I am sharing with you all about the Home is Calling giveaway sponsored by a lovely blog that offers a bunch of thrifty saving ideas and all sorts of other sweet stuff.
The idea behind this particular giveaway is helping to feed the hungry...and I'm not talking about my five little darlings clamouring for a snack. Real. Hunger. Real. People. Real people who do not have enough food. In America 9 million children don't have enough to eat. Pillsbury has partnered with Feeding America to help. By forwarding this link Pillsbury will help donate one pound of groceries to America's food banks.
So I may not win the give away from Tea and Thee...but I will have done a little thing to help support our nation's food banks. Do you think this means that when I next enjoy those steaming hot rolls...or crescents...or yummy loaf of Italian bread...it won't hit my hips as fast?
Nah...I didn't think so.