To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Morning Conversation

"Mom, I'm cranky."

"To bad...there is only room in this house for one cranky person and Mamma has already called dibs."
***************************************************************************

"Mooooooooommmmmm! Sarah called me disgusting!"

"He's eating acorns."

"Son, if you're eating acorns you are disgusting"

"Yea, but Sarah called me disgusting."
**********************************************************************

Abby: "Mom, I'm going to paint my nails with the chalk." Mom: "Eww, don't do that."
Abby: "Can I still paint (means color on) the house?"
Mom: "Sure."

Can you imagine what someone would think if they just overheard that conversation?


PS

Here are a few of the pictures from last night's session...isn't she lovely?





1 comments:

WunderBoy said...

Wow! Those are stunning! I knew she had a photographic face the moment I met her.

I love the conversations around your house. Sam's comments slay me sometimes! You are so very blessed.