To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sam's World


We have actively been training Sam to sit through worship service with us. It's work but he is getting better every week. Some weeks it's more work than others. Yesterday though, was a moment that I will tuck away and treasure in my heart for the times when it's a lot of work having him beside me. We sang the hymn "Blessed be the Name of the Lord" and Sam loves songs that repeat lines so he was really belting it out:

Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name
Blessed be the name of the Lord!
It was truly one of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard.
I also wanted to share some school work that Sam made...notice the directions and the fact that his answers are in a different color:
He is so funny :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a good looking and precious blessing. I thank God for my baby boy (grandson) every day.
Paw-paw

Chef Penny said...

I love it when my little ones belt out praise music and actively worship God! It makes my heart sing with joy! God has reminded me of those times during some of my darkest moments! God is good all the time!