To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Odd Man...Uhmm, Woman...Out

I've heard very few Christians say anything other than "Yes!" while pumping an arm in the air when the Rebulican party announced their VP choice. I have also been seriously surprised by exactly who has endorsed this choice. I just didn't know what to say other than "Something is seriously wrong with this." So I really haven't said much but I've thought plenty and asked a lot of questions. And as pro-life as I am I can't reconcile renouncing so much more of what Scripture says about so much else to be okay with the VP being a woman.
Rather than blather my way through where I'm at though you can go
here and here to see where I'm coming from...Voddie Baucham says it so much better than I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Voddie!!
My kids and I went to listen to him speak a few years ago. Great
speaker! He hit the nail on the head. And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one raising questions
when this candiate was announced.
WK

Sam's Family said...

Me too Wanda :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm with ya on this!! i think at this time her family needs her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.