To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's been a productive week...lots of cleaning and, to use my Mother's phrase, getting things "squared away". Not really sure what that means but I squared away a bunch of laundry and piles of stuff that collected on the desk and book shelves. The house feels less cluttered and more orderly which for me translates in my heart and mind as well.

Here are a few pictures of Sam & Claire staying busy this week too. Claire played in the rain puddles...
Sam got stuck in a bucket full of water...(I think I probably have taken a picture of all five kids doing this...simple fun stuff I guess.)

One of their favorites things is to have baby soap added to the turtle pool so they can play in the bubbles. Wish it meant they didn't get so dirty outside but alas, that is not the case.

On Tuesday's we join a homeschool co-op for Spanish lessons. This week our craft project was making the Mexican flag.




We also spend some time enjoying the tree swing.









Tomorrow my friend Lauren will come back over and we'll finish hanging stuff in the bathroom. I can't wait to post pictures of the finished re-do...it has turned out so stinking cute!

0 comments: