To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Few Favorites from September

I'm really enjoying white on white right now...

And soft colors...

Ouch! Two bugs (remember the praying mantis?) in one month...not a trend I plan on continuing...


Sweet baby...


Gotta love this boy!


Rarely take self portraits but here's one:


And just so I don't come across as totally vain...I shared six with y'all that turned out...probably took...oh about 1000...no kidding :-) Hey, that would make a great post wouldn't it? I'll show you all the bad lighting, blown-out, over/under exposed, out of focus shots...hmmm, stayed tuned for next weeks worst of the worst.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

but you do look good. :)

Sam's Family said...

The power of blur and b&w :-)

Anonymous said...

I didn't see any blur.
I really like the of you looking through your bangs. Beautiful!
And I really like the white on white. Kids are a given. they are always beautiful. Don't think I'd have the nerve for the bug to bite me:-0 !!!!!!!!!
WK

JG said...

absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are pretty,....my grandbabies are prettier....
Paw-paw

iamnot said...

i really really like this self portrait!! nice job!