To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sometimes change has to wait until the inspiration meets up with the know how...and the blessing of the powers that be. All three things have lined up for me in the form of 1.) A cute little pitcher that was an unexpected gift from my mother-in-law. 2.) My thrifty friend mentioned in an earlier post also has some home decorating skills. 3.) The real biggie...Rob is going to let me do some painting and stuff around the house. Yippie! We will start in the front bathroom sometime this week. Don't you just love this color of green?

5 comments:

Rob H said...

Sometime this week??!!

Lori Warman said...

This is so funny. It sounds like something my husband would say. It sounds like re-evaluating #3 might be in order first. Anyway, it sounds like he has given you much freedom in the line of painting. Which is a big wow! since he is a painter. I am not allowed to ever go near a paint brush or can, given the fact that I am an artist by trade, and my artistic mind is all over the place and that says "mess" to my husband and he is a painter also by trade and verrrrrrry tidy, or specific, or neat, or many other rententative names I could replace that with. Love Him so, I do!

Oh and by the way, this green goes very well with the background on your blog page; you might consider adding some of those colors as well. Love ya, Me

Sam's Family said...

Too, too late to change your mind love of my heart!

Hey, Lloyd!Until now he has never let me even contemplate doing something like this...I don't know if I caught him in a weak moment or what but I'm going with it!
Quick, somebody knock a hole in the wall before he cahnges his mind!

WunderMom said...

Ha ha hee hee ho ho!

I can totally hear Rob saying that and it cracks me up!

Marty, I was thinking what Lori said, that green totally matches your blog. Interesting!

Have fun and call me when the paint cans are all put away because I love you but I hates me some painting!

Anonymous said...

I like the new background for your blog. It's cheerful and soothing.

We are doing a little painting too.
I'm taking it that you are thinking of the color on your blog?
Love that color.

Have a good time remodeling! :-)
WK