To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Monday, July 28, 2008

So What's in Your Wallet?

Actually the Flickr group is called What's in Your Bag (I think) and people post pictures of stuff that's in their purse. So while I was looking for my new friend Zorro's email address I decided to record for prosperity what exactly is in my purse:



My checkbook and wallet are a given...the pens, keys and lip balm are as well. My green beaded bracelet is no big surprise if you know me...I love the bling but can't stand it after a few minutes and into the purse it must go. To the left of the bank deposit slip is a receipt for a sausage biscuit and small soda that I did not have...it must have gotten in there by mistake. To the right of bank slip is the Chick-Fil-A order my friend Lauren wrote out (very neatly I might add) so that we could make sure I didn't spend unnecessary funds...she's very thrifty that way and I love it. I could usually put a small potato farmers' kids through college just making sure there are enough fries for everyone. My camera's quick reference guide, three rubber bands, two itty, bitty hair clips and a small metal spring from goodness knows where were also found at the bottom of my purse. Mixed in among all my other treasures were seven rubber frogs. A game Rob and I play with the miscellaneous toys belonging to our children is hide & seek. I'll hide one in his shoe...he tucks one into the lid of my deodorant...each one of us looking for the best hiding place and taking great delight when it takes the other one longer to find it. He won this round by overwhelming me with sheer numbers.

Ain't love grand?

4 comments:

s g said...

Bummer - I JUST turned my purse inside out and cleaned it. Actually, I'm glad not to have taken a picture. I have a small purse, but it somehow fills up a plastic bag's worth of garbage.

love the frogs!

WunderMom said...

Cool! I am totally doing this. Do I have to be completely honest and list everything?? It might overwhelm my blog...my purse is huge. This could be fun.

I love the frog thing too! It's little inside jokes like that that make marriages fun and solid. I was sure the frogs had something to do with Sam, but was delighted to find out the truth! (Hmmm, need to get back to our mirror messages...)

sj said...

Ok, so we don't hide frogs .. hopping deal!

We position bears. A few years back Halmark was selling for valentine's day a set of bears (one in pink and one in blue) with velcour on one set of hands and magnets in their mouth/noses.

Romantic DH got them for me.

After the bed gets made (sometimes even when it doesn't), one of us will position the bears.

Some times it's a head on the shoulder, or he's giving me a dancing dip, or it's a clue for the evening's activities, or one is holding the other as it hangs off the bed or, the possibilities seem endless.

When DH travels, his bear is tucked under the covers holding his place until DH returns.

We're all a little sick ... don't you think!

Lori Warman said...

I want to know about the sausage biscuit, and if you didn't eat it, how did the receipt get in your purse?