To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sam's World

Some of you may remember Yucky Man...Sam drew the hero/villain (we were never really sure of YM's moral status) about a year or so ago in the back yard.



Being the smart little boy that he is, Sam has moved into the techno world with his art...he knows more about the Paint program than I do...and he knew how to save them to the computer. Anyway, here are a few favorites:
This little guy is Bird Star Runner




And here we have Standler & Willdort.
This is titled "Friend's Reading a Brown Book"
One of my personal favorites is "Sam's Scary Movie"
Next week I'll introduce you to Pinocchio Marlin.

4 comments:

sj said...

My favorite it friends reading a brown book. I can envision a group of friends (say girlfriends) reading the same book and then getting together to devour it.

It is a great piece of art. Quite submittable.

Keep on creating SAM the MAN!

WunderMom said...

How funny! Just yesterday Wes and I were going through all of his saved Paint creations to choose a header for his new blog he's starting. I was deciding whether I wanted to use any of them as my own blog header, or at least share them on the blog. Great minds think alike!

I love Standler and Willdort. And the Scary Movie one cracks me up! It's interesting to get a peek into his mind, isn't it? Looking forward to more!

s g said...

I like Bird Star Runner. He looks so happy!

(like your new look on the blob... )

iamnot said...

awww! that's awesome. i remember using paint when i was younger. my parents had no idea what i was doing or how to do it themselves. it felt pretty cool to know something my parents didn't. hahaha!

i think bird star runner is my favorite.