To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm Warping My Kids

Warning!!! If you are squeamish at re-visiting the 80's music scene read no further!
Okay, for you brave hearted friends...remember the old Boy George (collective ugh) song
"Do you really want to hurt me?
Do you really want to make me crrrryyy?"
Have the tune in your head? Good. Now insert Sam's lyrics he wrote today as we drove around listening to the '83 class reunion cd...mind you he had just asked if we could have pizza for dinner.
"Do you really want to cook me?
Do you really want to eat me uuupp?"
The kid has got a head for tunes...according to Rob I just need to educate and develop his taste in music with a little more, uhmm...discernment.

2 comments:

WunderMom said...

Grinning ear to ear here! I can totally hear him singing it and see his mischievous little grin!

Chuck says he would not be surprised if Sam had some musical talent. Hmmm...maybe Sarah should start teaching him some of the stuff she learned on piano. Could you handle that, mom? :-)

rosemarie said...

I bet you are warping them in all the right ways! Way to go! Miss you.