To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, May 16, 2008

That's My Girls

Big celebration in the Hadding house today. Both girls won first place medals in their respective age divisions for their photographs in the art contest at school. And no I didn't help them...I merely handed the camera to Emily and told her what button to push...and Sarah and I had a conversation about depth of field before I handed the camera to her. Both girls did a great job and we are so proud of them. Sarah did the macro of the jacks and Emily took the sunflower picture at the PJC flower expo in April.



We are also sending a big shout out to Bug over at Mutiny for winning second and third place in his age division!

3 comments:

WunderMom said...

Wow! Congratulations, girls! Your pictures are beautiful and I am impressed! I can just imagine how proud your mama is right now. I see talent runs in your family!

So will either of you be taking up this hobby? Because I don't know how easily your mom will give up her camera. She has a vice grip. :-)

dan said...

It must be the whole tree - acorn principle at work here.

iamnot said...

omg!!! those are amazing.

hmmm...i wonder where they get it from???

this is j.l.smith just to let you know...