To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's Official...

We are the House of Crud...our family crest is a porcelain toilet. Peek through the windows and you'll see Uber Dad prepared for battle with Clorox Clean Up in one hand and a mop in the other...his battle cry "She pooped where?!"
Mom soothes fevered brows and doles out teaspoon size goblets of ginger ale with a careful eye on the clock to make sure the required thirty and fifteen minutes of non-upchuckage is maintained with all diligence. The starter child...he who began the current plague...now roams freely having already cut a wide swath of destruction. Two more trail along after him...one oblivious to danger...jealous that others are receiving meds that surely must taste good because it's her favorite color...the other too young to understand anything but old enough to mimic the sounds coming from the bathroom...a fourth child ventures closer to the line of health...the fifth probably wishing a little less intimate knowledge of the family crest.
Oh, well...pardon the pun...but this too shall pass.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, sounds exciting. I sure missed you last night, but I totally understand needing to be with your kiddos because I too now have a similar bug.

:)

marty said...

Ugh...my thoughts & prayers are with you...also love & hugs...but from way far away...no desire to repeat the adventure :-)

JG said...

In this instance I am glad that we are far, far away!
Forever your DFIS
Get well soon.

Lori Warman said...

Ooooh!!!!!! I'm so sorry, you are all in my prayers. I know this is awful, but I can't help but chuckle somewhat, you paint a very humerous picture, knowing full well what it is like to be in the middle of that, mine were literally puking on each others backs because the first one to the toilet, was too little to walk as fast as he and the others needed to and so they tumbled over each other into to a heaping pile of yuck!!!! B

WunderMom said...

LOL! Oh man, I'm sorry they've been sick, but your post was hilarious! I love your new word "upchuckage" and I am so stealing it.
Cyber Hugs and Kisses

Anonymous said...

Well, bless y'alls hearts. I'm glad
the kids are on the mend. I've had
my cousins here from down Florida
and they have been just a coughing.
They have been on meds for about two weeks. I on the other hand have a scratch in my throat....So
I'm clearing my throat constantly.

I loved reading your blog!... your in my prayers as well as the family.
wk