To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Sunday, March 23, 2008

New Easter Tradition

I don't do Easter baskets...I don't know why...I just don't...I have done the giant family basket...the summer is on the way let's get everyone a bathing suit and stuff it into a sand bucket and call it an Easter basket...it's just not a big deal in our house...but this year we did start a new tradition...actually several new traditions...we met every night with our church family during holy week to spend special time focusing on what this celebration means in the life of a believer...we had a wonderful joint service with another family of believer's on Friday night...and after a wonderful day of rejoicing and thanksgiving on Sunday...
Our family had custom made banana splits...beats an Easter basket hands down.

3 comments:

sarah:-) said...

The banana splits were soooooo good!

The White's said...

I have fond memories of having whipped cream sprayed into my mouth over the Hadding's! We miss ya'll.

-Victoria

dan said...

I was beginning to wonder if Claire got a mouth full too. Must be nice being a Hadding!