To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, January 25, 2008

Well, we have finished our first week of school. It was exciting, fun and exhausting! Sarah received "A's" on her first assignments...including the first Math test...Emily zipped through her first spelling test...and I have been reminded how very much I hate laundry now that the girls aren't home to help.
Ugh.
We'll get everything flowing nice and orderly I'm sure but for tonight we are flushed with the pleasure of knowing that tomorrow we can sleep in.

4 comments:

Lori Warman said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marty and gang,
I am so glad to hear that Emily and Sarah are enjoying school... I am very proud of them.. They are growing up so fast.. Marty, enjoy the three little one's while they are still at home... You will wonder what to do when they ALL are in school.
Love,
Vicki
P.S. keep the blogs coming... I enjoy reading them and looking at the pics.

s g said...

Your girls are a sweet blessing to me. What a privilege to get to greet them at school and share part of their day as we travel back and forth. I am so thankful that their first week went so well. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year and am glad that you all are experiencing the challenges and blessings of the school. I'm also glad that TCS has such a wonderful new family as an addition - it will be to their good.

love y'all.

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are off to a great start and doing well.
I echo what Vicki said.
ENJOY the little ones at home,
because time passes so fast then they are 26, 23, and 20 years old
and you have a 2 1/2 yr old grandchild. Life is so short and
family is so beautiful. It's also nice when they learn how to take
care of their "own" laundry.
:-), WK