To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Few of My Favorites

And the grand total is...one thousand seven hundred twenty. I took approximately 1,720 photographs in the month of January...that works out to an average of 55 pictures a day...if it weren't for the digital that would be about 72 rolls of film at a cost of roughly $180 plus $503 in processing. All that means that without my new camera it would have never happened this way. I have been free to experiment, practice and play with my camera like never before...I've learned about lighting, bokeh and depth of field...I've used some of my manual settings for the first time...all in all I am pretty pleased with the process...the slides are just a few of my favorites...and wait until you see the new ones of the kids! (I still have to take Sarah's & Emily's and then I'll share those.)
Maybe next month I'll keep track of seconds and minutes and hours...nah.

1 comments:

rob said...

Our home is made more beautiful by your photographs, and by your energetic joy in taking them.

Beauty begets beauty.