To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, December 7, 2007

Yea Me!

So Christmas came a little early to our house this year. I am now the proud and somewhat clueless owner of a Canon Rebel 2000 XTi digital camera...my memory card holds 445 pictures...I can shoot in color, b&w or sepia at the switch of a button...I can adjust for fluorescent lighting as well as bright light, low light, shade or overcast...it is a 10 mega pixel which means I can crop the life out of a photograph...there are more bells and whistles that as I read about I have to run to the dictionary to look up words and meanings...it also took me twenty-five minutes just to attach the strap :-)
I am so going to have fun!
These are the pictures I took last night just playing around getting a feel for the camera:

4 comments:

WunderFamily said...

Awww, man. We're in trouble now aren't we? I have a feeling you'll be following us around at church and such with that totally wicked new-fangled picture capturin' contraption.

I'm so excited for you!

Tell your eldest I love the nose ring and she should keep it.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Emily with the hat on sideways is ROB! Holy Cow, Marty. She is such a girl version of her daddy!

Marit

lilred said...

I am soooooooooo happy for you..I hope you and I can get together sometime and we can both learn to use that camera... I am hoping for a cool camera like that for Christmas...If so we will both have fun... Congrats. sis-in-law..
Love,
Vicki

Tori said...

Sarah looks so cool in that picture. So does Emily. I like the gangster pics. ♥ you all :)

~Tori