To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, November 30, 2007

Confessions of a Wanna-Be

So the blog has been a little quiet lately...it's not because we haven't been doing anything...the kids are as busy as ever with school...their cute factor has not diminished at all...I still enjoy blogging but...well...I have a confession to make...I have discovered Flickr (should I say thank you Susan?) If you have never visited do so with great caution and a kitchen timer...there are some amazingly gifted, creative people out there...go ahead and use the search engine...you want to find groups who take pictures of rainbows? Type it in...hundreds come up...interested in what people do with their little toy soldiers? You can find out with just a few clicks...food photography...macro close ups...how about water or a particular color? Or just click on the explore button...a whole new world is knocking on your computer screen.
You can laugh and shake your head over my own creative silliness by going here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martyhadding/
Check out the cracking egg shots...really I took pictures of eggs getting cracked.
I need help.
PS There are no pictures of the kids posted...kind of weird to post your kids all over the Internet I think.
Enjoy!

0 comments: