To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, October 26, 2007

More Mum-Mum Please

I don't know if I am just not remembering clearly...after all having a baby every year for three years can cloud your memory a wee bit...but Claire seems to be doing things a little quicker than the other children. She certainly walked earlier than the rest and she is learning to communicate faster as well. This morning Sarah was baby sitting while I ran a few errands (Oh, I love being able to do that!) when she called and asked if Claire could have another pack of Mum-Mum's...her fav snack sort of like a cracker. When I commented that Claire had already had one this morning Sarah said "I know Mom. But she keeps going to the trash and bringing me the wrapper and signing "More".

How sweet is that?

3 comments:

Semper Fi Family said...

They do learn quicker. I think the more older siblings they have the more they want to keep up with them. She probably feels outnumbered. On the other hand my smallest one is learning to manipulate me quicker than the others did.

Rebecca in NC said...

This is to cutie!

Anonymous said...

Get your video or voice recorder
ready. Some very sweet days are ahead. She'll enjoy it when she is a teenager or a new mom herself.
Shannon did. WK.