To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Be Quiet!

Sam: "Mom, I want cereal for dinner."
Mom: "No, Sam. You need to eat eggs."
Sam, very curiously: "Did I ask for eggs?"
Mom: "Your stomach did. It said (very gruff voice)"Mom, Sam wants eggs for dinner."
Sam: Looking down at his stomach--"QUIET!"

He is such a hoot.

4 comments:

s g said...

HA!

p.s. I'd like to see a picture posted of his danger sign. :)

Anonymous said...

That was soooo funny.
I can see the authority role
setting up. Or headship.
And with such logic.
I love watching this boy.
From the mouth of babes...
God is sooo Amazing.
Thanks for sharing,! wk

Anonymous said...

I which my stomach would be quiet too.

SJ

Anonymous said...

oops, strike which for wish