To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, July 13, 2007

Waffle Rebellion

Read this funny article http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/291262/how_do_you_eat_your_waffle.html
And then check out the poll on the right.

8 comments:

UberGoober said...

you had to ask?

Marty said...

Well, yea...I mean instinctively I would assume that your aspie self would be neat and orderly...but you must admit that you do have a rather rebellious streak that rears its head occasionally...and I say that with all do respect, love and admiration:-)

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't really care where the lines are. It depends how much time I have to eat this waffle or
who I'm making the waffle for.
I'll cut triangles, squares, or take a cookie cutter and make a shape and yes, sometimes cut on the lines to be neat.

Now, Allison loves her waffles
that Nana makes her and she will
just inhale three at a time
(pieces) in her mouth if
I don't watch her.
She does the same with eggs.
She is a breakfast girl. :-) wk

Justin said...

I see that - with peanut butter is not one of the listed options.

WunderFamily said...

On the rare occasion that I might eat a waffle, I must admit I cut along the lines. However, they must be homemade, fresh from the waffle maker, and one must NOT pour syrup directly onto the waffle. One must dip the neat, square pieces into the syrup which is placed on the side. Thusly, one may enjoy a waffle which is crispy on the outside from beginning to end.

Butter does not belong on a waffle. Ever. However, as atrocious as buttering a waffle is, JUSTIN, smearing said waffle with peanut butter is infinitely worse. It is a crime I have witnessed in the DFIS household at least once. I believe this crime was committed in MY household on one occasion by our DFIS.

People, please. Respect your breakfast. Do not abuse the waffle.

Marty said...

I can't wait for you to come home Becky Sue

JG said...

...and here I was led to believe that I was the only one with "issues"- evidently NOT!!

Marty said...

Everybody has issues JG...some are just er,...uhmmm...justa little more special than others:-)