To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Little Family History

I have three sisters...the oldest (Ha! She's the big 40) lives in Pensacola and is the mother of my nieces Courtney (18), Taylor (11) and my nephew Chad (15). The next sister in line is pushing dangerously close to 40 herself and lives in Chipley and has given me my niece Kayla (17) and my two country boys AJ (13) and Adam (11). Then there is our Georgia boy Allan (8) who belongs to my baby sister living in Warner Robbins.

On Sunday the three youngest boys came to stay for a visit. It was a wonderful, busy time...a few short days during the summer that made some precious memories to tuck away and remember as they continue to grow up way too fast to suit us old folks.

Scroll down to check out the pics of the fun we had...and just for the record...it was a whole other world with a house full of boys:-)

1 comments:

WunderFamily said...

Oh yes, a house full of boys. Thou speakest the truth. The sights, the sounds, the...smells...