To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, June 8, 2007

Sam's Broken Heart

This morning I am laying in bed...enjoying a little quiet snuggle time nursing Claire (who turns seven months today...can you believe it?!) when I start hearing the age old sibling argument..."Stop touching me!" Abby is screeching this at Sam who is finding great pleasure in tormenting his little sister.
A slight difference from earlier in the week when Sam cried because Abby got a spanking. After they both stopped bawling he hugged her and said "Abby it broke my heart when Mommy spanked you."
I guess he's a typical big brother.

4 comments:

WunderFamily said...

Oh man, I miss that little boy so much! He's just too adorable for words. Even when he's being a bratty brother. (I'm sure you feel the same way. Heh.)

And I cannot believe Claire is 7 mths old. Wow. She's over halfway to 1 year.

Paula said...

I am truly amazed at the wonderful relationship these children have with each other. You can tell how much love is in this family. My son is so blessed to have Marty as the mother of his children. Of course, I think Marty is terribly blessed to have such a wonderful husband. The children may have their moments, but I have never seen siblings who truly love each other as much as they do. Thank you, Rob and Marty, for five of the most wonderful grandchildren a grandmoter could dream of. They are so wonderful - and so are their parents.

Anonymous said...

You know I have to agree with mom on that Rob and Marty...You do have five very beautiful and well behaved kids... I am surprised because Rob use to be a troubled soul..hahahaha...I love you Rob...You are a very good daddy to the kids... I am pleased to call them my nieces and my nephew..I love you guys...
Vicki

Lilred said...

I had to write something else about my wonderful brother and my favorite sister-in-law...Oh, that's right Marty is my ONLY sister-in-law....hahahahaha....Marty let me know how do I go about putting videos off my digital camera onto DVD???? Do you know...Let me know something..thanks.
Vicki