To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
~William Henry Channing

Friday, June 1, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Okay...eight things about myself...
1.) A pet peeve...chipped finger nail polish...drives me crazy.
2.) I secretly enjoy country music...much to the chagrin of my beloved spouse.
3.) I really, really wish I were funny.
4.) I am shamelessly in love with my husband...giggly, butterflies in my tummy kind of love...no wait...I suddenly hear Phil Collins singing "You and me we got a groovy kind of love..."
5.) Oh, yea...along with the country music thing I also love 80's music...of course I really like Cold Play and we're on this U2 kick in our house so I guess I balance myself out.
6.) I have a serious film habit...want it, need it, use it...all the time...seriously, just about everyday.
7.) I have been known to make my bed five minutes before Rob has walked through the door at the end of the day:-)
8.) I don't have 8 friends not already tagged either so I am going to change it up a little...anyone who reads this is triple dog dared to share at least one funny/embarrassing story about yourself...either on your own blog or as a comment to this post.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Country music is just wrong.

Semper Fi Family said...

O.K., I admit it, country music is my guilty pleasure as well. My favorite song right now is, "I'ld Like To Check You For Ticks", by Brad Paisly. I know, very sad.

WunderFamily said...

No comment on the Country Music (gag) but I didn't know you liked Coldplay! I loves me some Coldplay. And I've been playing my brother-in-law's U2 cds all week.

Oh, and you are funny. Especially in the comments sections of some people's blogs! :D

Anonymous said...

Who is Cold Play? Okay I am a little sheltered.ummm...okay a lot sheltered.